Thursday, March 22, 2012

Ask A Simple Question, Get Called Names

It’s amazing how asking one question can send people into a tizzy.

What brings on such convulsions of anger? Not wanting to answer the question? Having no answer? Having to lie?

I really don’t know.

I only know that this is how I got treated when I asked one very simple question.

................
----- Original Message -----
From: Amy Mik
To: officemanager@infoblvd.net
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:13 AM
Subject: RE: ST. PATRICK'S DAY PARADE


Dear June Pieklo & Staff:

Good day.

I have gleaned information from a very reliable source that the masks/signs of Hogan were ordered and purchased by Hornell Partners for Growth

I appreciate the cleverness and loyalty displayed by those who "represented" our mayor at the parade. But if this is true it is a highly inappropriate use of the funds of hard-working Hornell businesses.

This "story" is making rounds in town, as you can expect, and I am hoping you could give me some information on this so that the rumors don't get out of hand.

Thanks,

Amy Mikolajczyk

From: ‘Shawn D. Hogan’
To: 'Amy Mik'
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:46 AM
Subject: Mayors Pictures

I paid for the pictures of me in the parade and I have personally paid for a lot of things in that parade over the years, why are you such a small minded individual, what have I ever done to you, for you to be so bitter, that parade is a fun event and a community event and you just made me sick to my stomach through your petty nonsense.

Thanks,

----- Original Message -----
From: Amy Mik
To ‘Shawn D. Hogan’
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Mayors Pictures

There was nothing petty or small minded about a simple question.
As I said, I heard it from someone directly involved.
I thought you should be aware of it, so that you could offensively nip the rumors in the bud.
I am not the one spreading the rumors, I just heard it yesterday afternoon and emailed June this morning.
It's never surprising that you resort to name-calling. As for your sick stomach, that is of your own doing, not mine.


Amy
................................

But I'm bitter. Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Amazingly Defensive he seemed.. The only mask I saw was on Pat Roche.. Here I thought he was just being funny..

    ReplyDelete
  2. City official told a group at the K of C, "We" paid for them (the mask/signs. Hogan says HE paid for them. SOMEONE is a liar. Your guess is as good as mine. :)

    ReplyDelete